We are looking for a project finance professional to join Apricum's thriving project finance practice. On the back of an exceptionally strong deal flow in large renewable energy projects in solar, wind, hydro power and energy storage in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and beyond, we are currently rapidly growing our project finance team.
Apricum is a globally active transaction advisory and strategy consulting firm focused exclusively on renewable energy and water. Established in 2008 and headquartered in Berlin, we support companies and investors in creating growth through developing winning strategies and executing corporate and project transactions. We differentiate ourselves by providing independent advice of the highest professional standard combined with deep functional and sector-specific industrial expertise.
Based in Apricum’s Berlin office, you work for clients around the globe on financing and raising equity, on bidding for or tendering, or on buying and selling projects in renewable energy, power and infrastructure sectors. As a member of the project team, you work in close collaboration with a partner; you are responsible for the accurate and timely completion of defined tasks.
Our offer in brief
- Work on cutting-edge project finance transactions globally in a dynamic top advisory boutique
- Contribute to transactions with autonomy under the guidance of more senior colleagues
- Further develop your profile in the project finance industry
- Be part of an international, experienced expert team
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration
- Be based in Berlin, while handling projects around the globe
Your profile and attributes
- You typically have a finance, economics, management or engineering degree, preferably an MBA or CFA, and have had experience for 5–7 years in banking, financial advisory, financial modeling, within a bank, advisory boutique, consulting firm or a corporate
- A degree of exposure to project finance term sheet negotiation as well as commercial and project documents, preferably with track record in the power and renewable energy sectors
- Very strong financial modeling skills, including:
- Complete autonomy in building complex models from scratch under tight timelines
- Ability to review, adapt and correct financial models created by others (colleagues, clients, other counterparts)
- Adhere to best modeling practices
- Ability to manage third-party financial model audit processes
- Strong awareness of project and corporate finance concepts, strong common sense and commercial acumen. Ability to contribute to transactions through judicious and precise financial analysis
- Ability to organize day-to-day management of transactions, in relation to financial analysis and modeling matters
- Strong self starter to flexibly support the growth of a young business
- Ability to “hit the ground running” by contributing to transactions that are underway
- Preferably a willingness to grow toward a transaction origination and management role
Please send your complete application, including cover letter, CV, academic transcripts, letters of reference and mention of your earliest availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Cate Holtz on +49 30 30 877 6236.
Click here for a PDF version of this job description.